I have updated the project files for my series “Developing a Vectorworks 2011 Plug-in, TDD-style”.
Please download the Xcode 4.6 / Visual Studio 2010 project files (haven’t tested it explicitly, but should work with Visual Studio 2012, too) for use with Vectorworks 2013 including all the sources here – SimpleCabinet2013.zip. The folder SimpleCabinet2013 should be dropped into Vectorworks 2013 SDK’s Sources folder, like this:
Please note that the projects assume that the folder hierarchy is set up like this.
The project features two targets, a testing target named “CppUnitLite2″ and the plug-in module shared library target, which outputs to /Applications/Vectorworks2013/Plug-ins. You will notice that all classes plus tests are contained in ExtObject.cpp. I’m doing this for small spikes – in real life, I would put each class in a separate file, no code in the header file etc.
The code drop features additional tests, refactorings and more usage of VWFC in SimpleCabinetCreator.
There’s also a Vectorworks document with a Simple Cabinet object included for your convenience.
- Episode 0 – Introduction
- Episode 1 – How to start?
- Episode 2 – Spicing up our class
- Episode 3 – Not doing the same sketch twice
- Episode 4 – Creating Vectorworks geometry
- Episode 5 – A third class
- Episode 6 – Rolled-up newspaper
- Episode 7 – A few more additions
- Epilogue & Code
- Updated Epilogue & Code for Vectorworks 2013